Friday, October 24, 2014

Such a Large Collection of Stuff

I've been playing Games Workshop games for a very long time. In fact I remember painting Orc miniatures for Blood Bowl with my cousin - in fact I think I still have them downstairs in my collection. My brother and I went through a phase of Warhammer Fantasy, also. He had a Skaven army and I was building a Tomb Kings army.

I also had my share of wins/losses playing Hero Quest, Battle Masters (that battle mat was AWESOME), Advanced Hero's Quest, etc...

All that said, the game that I really latched on to was GW's Lord of the Rings Strategy Battle Game. I had a full set of Gondor and Isengard warriors and heroes and scatterings of various other armies. I would spend the entire evening after work painting my miniatures and building terrain pieces. In fact when I acquired the Fellowship of the Ring Supplement Book it had a template to build Ammon Hen/Weathertop and I put that together - it turned out really cool.



I must have bought every book published under the Lord of the Rings line, and when I found out that War of the Ring was going to be released as new game system I was excited and anxious to give it a try.

My friends and I played the game every chance that we had. When we heard that it was not going to be a continually supported game, our hearts broke.

I have collected a lot of notes and modifications and ideas over the years that we played and even did some modeling via code. I plan to share a lot of this information with the greater community in attempt to keep it alive and to have a repository online.

I hope that others that enjoy the game and hobby will find this and make use of the time that has been invested.








LINKS TO OTHER RANDOM POSTS
  1. GW WotR Unit Cost Controversy
  2. What About Banners and Hornblowers in Profiles?
  3. Legendary Formations and Their Point Costs
  4. The "About Face!" Errata - More Game Changing than Expected
  5. What Would a WotR Blog be without a Discussion of Epic Strike?!?
  6. Blog Introduction
  7. WotR Army Roster Sheet - Available for Download 
  8. WotR Army Roster Example 1000 Point Gondor Army
  9. Ideas for iPad Simulator of WotR

1 comment:

  1. I have been looking for something like this for months! Bravo! I am really enjoying what you have accompplished thus far with this fluid and dynamic gaming system! Pity that more people did not stick with it....

    ReplyDelete